If you’re an FBA seller who wants to add a product video to your listing, this is great news. The ability to add videos showing products in use would be a definite advantage. Online shoppers eat up videos, and listings that have them are sure to have a better chance of converting.
Adding Video to Amazon
In the last quarter of 2017, Amazon invited certain sellers to beta test the product video feature. They gathered a lot of feedback about issues encountered by the testers and have worked on improving the tool’s usability. As always, Amazon wants to provide customers with the best experience possible. Having sellers test product video uploads before making it more widely available was a logical move.
The product video feature has since been rolled out to more brand registered sellers. There has been no official announcement, as is expected with Amazon. The feature is simply made available in Seller Central under the Enhanced Brand Content (EBC) menu. Sellers will have to check their EBC options to know if they’ve been selected to test it out. These party Amazon Sellers can now add a product video to a page, much like Vendor Central merchants with A+ content services.
Preparing Your Product Video
If the product video feature is available under your account, then we are happy for you! If you haven’t got it yet, we encourage you to start preparing.
The first you want to do is review the Amazon guidelines for product video uploads. Check your existing videos against these rules and get them edited if needed. If you don’t have any product video clips yet, then you can start fresh with these guidelines in mind:
1. Make sure that you own the rights to your product video.
2. The product video must be of high quality:
• with an aspect ratio of 16:9, or the standard YouTube orientation
• with an ideal resolution of 1920×1080, or at least 1280×720
• recorded with the RGB color profile and a DPI of 300, although 72 might be acceptable
• displaying only a single brand logo for your company
• in either 3GP, AVI, AAC, MP4, FLV, MOV, or MPEG-2 format. If you’ve done it in Apple ProRes, have them converted before you try to upload them.
3. Clip an appropriate thumbnail image from your product video, also in the highest possible quality. Save the clip as either a JPEG or a PNG.
4. A product video must not contain any reference to:
• your company as a seller or distributor
• your provide contact information
• your competitor’s products
• your status as an authorized seller or that the product is sold solely by authorized resellers
• product pricing
• descriptive promotional product information (e.g. affordable, on sale, top selling, hot item)
• time-sensitive product information (e.g. on sale now, best new product of the year)
• products being used for criminal activity
• shipping cost or timeline information
• customer review information
• editorial or third party quotes
• warranties or guarantees
• logos of brands or organizations other than your own
• any websites within or outside of Amazon, especially links to the same
• offensive or perverse content
Amazon is likely to make changes to the product video guidelines, so be sure to check the EBC help content pages or navigate to the Video Guidelines link found within the new EBC UI. Once you’ve got the rules down, you can get your product video edited or have a nice new product video made.
Adding a Product Video
It’s very easy to add a product video on Amazon. Log in to your Seller central account and navigate to the EBC tool and start uploading!
1. Enter the SKU for the item that your product video is for.
2. Click “get started” and click the button to add the product video to that ASIN.
3. Upload your product video file, image thumbnail, product video title and description.
4. If the video contains content that is unsuitable for an under 18 audience, then select the adult audience box.
Your product video will take up to 6 hours to process and be available on your product detail page. Once published, it will show up in the main image block under the product image thumbnails on the upper left side of the detail page, and in the related video shorts widget below the product information section.
To remove a product video, simply navigate to it on your EBC dashboard, check the “delete video from detail page” box and submit your changes. The video will be removed within 6 hours.30
So now you’re all set to get started with Amazon product video uploads. It’s never too late to start preparing them for your store, and even if you don’t end up using them on Amazon, it’s never a bad idea to have some nice videos to share on your brand website, through newsletter, on social media, and beyond.
View Similar Blogs