Tips and Advice for Managing a Multichannel eCommerce Brand
with Featured Guest Dan Sugarman from Zentail
Dan Sugarman, founder and CEO of Zentail, started the company as a way to solve international trade problems. They started selling products on Amazon from warehouses and eventually became multichannel sellers.
They created a technology suite so effective for international trading that offering it to sellers has become their only line of business since 2015.
Since Zentail started as a seller, they know exactly what the pains of going multichannel are.
In this interview, we discuss:
- Why do you want to sell on different channels?
- Reducing risks by going multichannel
- When to start diversifying
- How to get one channel right and move from there
- The best approach to go multichannel
- What other channels should sellers be paying attention to the most
- Getting to the right clientele
- Biggest challenges of expanding to new channels
- Why reviews, customer service, pick and pack operations are also key elements
- Most common mistakes businesses make when choosing other channels to sell
- Invest properly Avoid breaking your Amazon relationships
- Inventory management How are companies managing their inventory across multiple sales channels
- Making sure you have the right resources
- Handle your advertising data without getting overwhelmed
- The importance of data and analytics of all channels and advertising
- Automation is your friend
- Product data
- How to avoid overselling
- Key attributes and categories
- Making sure you have the right data points for each marketplace
- How does Zentail handle your data and use it effectively?
- How the Zentail system works and what advantages and tools it offers
- Inventory planning, managing multiple warehouses and fulfilling in different places