Effective date October 1, 2018
email, mail, or through our Offerings. This information you provide may include your
username, first and last name, email address, mailing address or phone number.
and other payment-related information (“Payment Information”). We describe how Payment Information may be collected and processed in Section 4.
how you interact with the Offerings, such as the IP address from which you access the
Offerings, date and time, information about your browser, operating system and
computer or device, pages viewed, and items clicked. We may also collect location
information, including location information automatically provided by your computer or
advertisements and other content on third-party sites or platforms, such as social
networking sites. This may include information such as “Likes”, profile information
gathered from social networking sites or the fact that you viewed or interacted with our
as otherwise permitted by you.
You may submit various types of information and data into the Services for hosting and
processing purposes (“Customer Data”). Customer Data may include, without limitation,
(a) personal information such as names, email addresses and phone numbers of your
end user customers, potential customers and other users of and visitors to your
websites, apps and other properties (“People”), which information may be input into the
Services by you or collected by the Services using AMZ Advisers tags, scripts and other
code implemented on such properties, and (b) information contained in
communications between you and People using the messaging features of the
● To provide, maintain and improve the Offerings and our other products and services, including to operate certain features and functionality of the Offerings (for example, by remembering your information so that you will not have to re- enter it during this or subsequent visits);
● To process your inquiries and otherwise deliver customer service;
● To process your payments, we share and use Payment Information as described in Section 4 (Payment Information);
● To control unauthorized use or abuse of the Offerings and our other products and services, or otherwise detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
● To analyze trends, administer or optimize the Offerings, monitor usage or traffic patterns (including to track users’ movements around the Offerings) and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole;
● To communicate directly with you, including by sending you newsletters, promotions and special offers or information about new products and services. Your opt-out options for promotional communications are described in Section 6 (Your Controls and Choices)
● To deliver you advertising, including by serving and managing ads on the Offerings or on third party sites and to tailor ads based on your interests and browsing history. Please see Section 6 (Your Controls and Choices) for additional information on how to manage the ads you see; and
● We may share your personal information with our parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates;
● We may share your personal information with third-party service providers to permit such parties to provide services that help us with our business activities, which may include assisting us with marketing, advertising our product/service offerings, or providing, maintaining and improving the features and functionality of the Offerings, among other things. For example, we may provide personal information to our service providers for direct emailing of our newsletters or notifications of our product/service offerings;
● We may share your personal information when we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce a Customer Agreement, including investigation of potential violations thereof, or (c) protect against imminent harm to our rights, property or safety, or that of our users or the public as required or permitted by law;
● We may share your personal information with third parties (including our service providers and government entities) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security or technical issues;
● We may share your personal information with our business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us, for example when running a cross-promotion;
● We may share your Payment Information to process your payments, as further described in Section 4 (Payment Information);
● We may share and/or transfer your personal information if we become involved in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets; and
● We may share your personal information with a third party if we have your consent to do so.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties for other purposes. Such information does not identify you individually, but may include usage, viewing and technical information such as the types of Offerings our customers and users generally use, the configuration of their computers, and performance metrics related to the use of Offerings which we collected through our technology. If we are required under applicable law to treat such information as personal information, then we will only disclose it as described above. Otherwise we may disclose such information for any reason.
When you make a purchase on the Offerings, any credit card information you provide as
part of your Payment Information is collected and processed directly by our payment
processor PayPal through their PayPal Checkout service. We never receive or store
your full credit card information. PayPal commits to complying with the Payment Card
Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) and using industry standard security. PayPal
solely to information collected by us. Even if the third party is affiliated with us through a
business partnership or otherwise, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of
such third party. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy policies of
such third parties to determine how they handle any information they separately collect from you. Please be aware that we do not warn you when you choose to click through
to another website when using the Offerings.
The Websites contain features that enable you to post reviews, comments or other
content that is publicly viewable. You should be aware that any personal information
you submit as part of those posts can be read, collected, or used by other visitors to the
Websites, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not
responsible for the personal information you choose to publicly post on the Websites.
Please see our
about posting content on the Websites.
Communication Preferences. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included on such communications or on the Offerings. Please note, however, that you may be unable to opt-out of certain service-related communications.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. Your Web browser may have a “do not track” setting which, when enabled, causes your browser to send a do not track HTTP header file or “signal” to each site you visit. At present, the Offerings do not respond to this type of signal.
You may access, review, correct, update, change or delete your information at any time.To do so, please contact us at [email protected] with your name and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Please note that if you cease using the Service or we terminate your access to the Service in accordance with your Master Services Agreement, you may no longer have the ability to access or update your information. We may retain your information as necessary to support the Offerings, comply with our legal obligations or resolve disputes. Note that content you post may remain on the Offerings even if you cease using the Offerings or we terminate your access to the Offerings.
personally identifiable information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing
purposes, California’s Shine the Light Law (CA Civil Code Section 1798.83) allows you to
request certain information from us about such disclosures. To make a request under
the Shine the Light Law, please contact us at [email protected] Please note that
under California law, businesses are not required to respond to such requests more
than once during any calendar year.
California Minors. At any time, you can delete or remove your posts using the same
deletion or removal procedures described in Section 8 (Accessing and Updating Your
Personal Information) above, or otherwise through the Offerings. If you have questions about how to remove your posts or if you would like additional assistance with deletion you can contact our support team [email protected] Although we offer deletion capability for our Offerings, you should be aware that the removal of posts may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of that content or information posted through the Offerings.