Few Amazon sellers know that they can make money by selling on Twitter. As is well known, Twitter is a huge platform with millions of users from all over the world. This means this is another channel for you to reach a new audience and increase your customer base.
The key is to become familiar with the user’s dynamic and how Twitter works to make sure you lure the right users into your store.
In this article, we’ll tell you how to spy out the land of Twitter so you can reach new audiences and potentially increase your sales on Amazon.
Make Money Selling on Twitter
There are a couple of ways to make money on Twitter, which we’ll mention below.
However, the best way is to sell your own products, which in addition will bring traffic to your Amazon online store. You can keep your entire profit when you sell your own products and you can take control over what you show on your account. Remember the users that already follow you already like you or your brand, so they’re more likely to purchase from you.
Here’s how you can start doing it:
1. Find Your Niche
It’s always easier to promote something that interests you and that it’s related to your brand. Depending on the products you sell, you can decide on video games, music or specialized cooking utensils. You want your followers to perceive you as an expert in your niche.
For example, if your niche is music and you sell musical instruments, then you can show your followers the types of mixes you make or showcase how you use a specific pedal to create music so your followers can see how the product works.
Your followers will appreciate your knowledge and the quality of the information you post, which will build up trust to purchase from you.
2. Link Your Products to Your Niche
You can either create a product to sell or check out which item from your inventory would have a better impact on your Twitter followers. This product should be closely related to the niche you’ve chosen. It has to be something you know your audience would be interested in, something that will solve their problems.
3. Bring Them to Your Amazon Online Store
Once you’re set as an expert on your field, you can start linking your Amazon store link on your Twitter account, so your followers can go straight to your site and purchase the products you promote on Twitter.
It’s really easy! Just make sure your online store also reflects your brand.
4. Promote Your Products on Twitter
Focus on promoting the products form your online store on Twitter by posting interesting stuff, like we mentioned on Step 2. Now your Twitter account and your Amazon Store will share the same audience and products.
You can tweet about new releases, showcase your best-sellers, or start replying to threads that are related to your niche.
Don’t forget to include the link both in your bio and your tweets!
Selling on Twitter: Best Practices
Have a clear identity
- When introducing your Amazon Store to your Twitter followers, make sure you keep the same tone so people easily identify your business and know that it is the same brand both on Amazon and Twitter. Customers need to trust you before they make a purchase and they’ll find it odd if your store is not related to your Twitter account at all.
- You can start with the name and images you use on both accounts. Maybe you won’t be able to have the exact same name, but find something as similar as possible. Try to avoid punctuation on your name, because people won’t be able to type it as easily if they’re using a mobile device. You can also use a graphic file matching your business branding as the background of your profile page.
- Remember your profile pic appears every time you post a tweet. A good idea is to put your business name on your Twitter profile and use a personal photo as your profile pic. This way is more personal than just using your business logo. Your header image can focus more on telling your brand’s story.
Selling on Twitter: Promote your Amazon Store
- As you know, Twitter has a limited number of characters to be used on each Tweet. You’ll have to be smart about the way you present your brand on your Twitter profile, since that is the essence of your identity for your followers. Think about a concise message with excellent copy to attract the followers that have more potential to purchase from you on Amazon.
- Use a landing page with additional information about your business and brand. Everything you were not able to express on Twitter.
Benefits and Services
- Remember there are thousands of accounts on Twitter and the best way to stand out is posting quality content. Your followers will appreciate it. Promote the benefits customers have from purchasing your products. Don’t be too obvious about selling on Twitter. Try to look at your profile from your followers’ perspective. If you see only ads and links in an account, you probably wouldn’t follow it either.
- Focus on the topics as well, not just the products you sell. We recommended a niche to choose so you can carry a conversation about it on your Twitter. You can recommend news articles that mention the benefits of your products or how reliable it is to purchase from Amazon. You can highlight delivery and shipping benefits. Don’t forget to reply to other threats either and ask questions from your account too to interact with your followers or to gain more.
Other Ways to Sell on Twitter
Recently, Twitter launched their media studio with a whole set of features from which one is specifically to help you make money off tweets and videos.
You do need to apply and check if you’re eligible. Once your application has been approved, you can adjust your settings to specify what type of ads you want with your content. This way you’ll get paid every time an ad is shown before your tweets.
This is one of the easiest ways to start making money with your Twitter account.
Another way of using Twitter to make profit is sponsored tweets.
All you have to do is get in touch with brands you like and explain that paying for a tweet that your followers see can bring them benefits. If they decide to sponsor a tweet for you, then you’ll make money too.
If you have a large and well-established followers base, then it’s very likely that you’ll be able to monetize your Twitter account frequently.
Another option is signing up for affiliate programs featuring brands that could be interesting for your audience.
You can use a personal affiliate link to promote services and products to your followers. When you do this, you get paid a commission for directing them to a store every time one of your followers clicks on the link to buy something.
Having a Twitter account is a great way to bring traffic to your Amazon store. Not only do you get to show your products and services to a whole new range of users who are potential buyers, but you also can build loyalty and have another way to be an expert in your field.
It’s all about setting up your account, finding your niche and focusing on posting Tweets that redirect your followers to your online store. It’s totally worth it to give it a try. You have nothing to lose!