Product research used to be a challenging task, because the whole process was done ‘by hand’. Now, all it takes is a bit of help from the proper software tools: AMZ Tracker and Jungle Scout.
Successful sellers use product research suites to get ahead in Amazon.
The best apps can deliver accurate data on the following metrics:
- Sales ranks and pricing history
- User reviews and ratings
- Unit volume sales per month
- Profit margins per item
- Keyword search ranks
It’s crucial to rely on effective product research to make your mark on Amazon. It’ll help you stay ahead of competitors, attract more customers, and boost revenue.
In this post, we’ll review two of the most popular tools for Amazon Sellers: AMZ Tracker and Jungle Scout
What is AMZ Tracker?
AMZ Tracker raises the quality standards of each Amazon product listing. Its goal is to evaluate new competition opportunities on Amazon.
The suite splits its features in 3 categories:
- Offensive. Focuses on listing optimization and boosting conversion rates.
- Defensive. Seller protection features against scammers and poor ratings.
- Reconnaissance. Assess new market opportunities and competition metrics.
These perks help sellers to track sales progress, rank keywords and conversion rates.
Let’s look at each AMZ Tracker category:
- Keyword Tracking – Rates product rank by keyword searches. Sellers can review the search terms most used on Amazon to boost product visibility.
- Conversion Rate Assessor – Great to detect the factors affecting user conversions. For example, title length, image resolution, or FBA capabilities, to name a few.
- Super URLs – Customize URLs to attract social media and off-Amazon users into your listings.
- Vipon – Marketplace used to promote and launch new products. The site has more than 2 million users and 900,000 daily visits.
- Negative Review Alerts – Notifies sellers when they get negative reviews. This lets them address the problem to delight customers and boost their rating.
- Hijack Alerts – Know when another seller tries to hijack any product listing. You can stop them before they gather enough data to compete with you.
- Competitor Analysis – Keep watch of the competition’s performance. You can track their selling rank and review the changes they make to boost sales.
- DeepWords – Mine popular long-tail keywords used on Amazon. It’s great to select high-conversion phrases for your listings.
- Unicorn Smasher – Companion extension for Chrome. Use it to research products’ reviews, contend quality, and competitors anywhere in the world.
- Product Tracker – Performance comparison tool. Check how your products fare against the competition by sales estimates, rankings and revenue streams.
Pros & Cons
|Real-Time performance tracking|
Amazon URL customization
Review & hijack alerts
|Complex user interface|
High pricing tiers
Poor customer service
AMZ Tracker offers a 7-day free trial and 4 plans for sellers. These are Basic, Pro, God Mode, and Legend.
Here’s the rundown of each tier:
AMZ Tracker also features 2 Corporate packages:
What is Jungle Scout?
Jungle Scout was the first product research suite focused on Amazon sales. Its many tools analyze search ranks, item ratings, customer reviews, and unit volume sales.
Then, Jungle Scout rates each product by competition, user demand, and profitability. And using this data, merchants can pinpoint the best sales opportunities.
Here are some of Jungle Scout’s best features:
- Product Database – Filters Amazon items to find trending sales in the marketplace. The app rates products by sales estimates, pricing history, and customer rating.
- Keyword Scout – Ranks the most popular keyword terms. Merchants can optimize listings to boost visibility and traffic to their products.
- Product Tracker – Keeps an eye on new items you are interested in selling. You can review price changes, best-selling offers and market demand.
- Sales Analytics – Reviews your Amazon expenses and revenue. It’s great to cut down on costs and improve your seller performance.
- Launch – Email campaign automation tool. Perfect to boost awareness on promotions, giveaways or new product launches.
- Web Extension – Available for Firefox and Chrome. Users can review Amazon products based on popularity, sales performance, and competition.
Pros & Cons
|Friendly user interface|
Extensive product history registry
Supplier database available
| No mobile application|
Does not feature
Jungle Scout features 3 different pricing plans for sellers. These are Basic, Suite and Pro. Here’s a quick rundown of each:
- Basic – It’s a single user license. Plus, you’ll enjoy the following monthly benefits:
- Track 20 products, review 500 sales estimates, and 100 listing grades.
- Review 1 month of historical product tracking data
- Review 1 month of historical keyword tracking data.
- Suite – Includes all Basic perks, plus Advanced Seller Features and Review Automation
- Track 150 products, review 1,000 sales estimates, and 200 listing grades.
- Rank tracker for 3,500 keywords.
- Review 3 month of historical product tracking data
- Review 1 year of historical keyword tracking data.
- Pro – This license is for 6 users, who can access all Jungle Scout features.
- Track 1,000 products, review 1,500 sales estimates, and 500 listing grades.
- Rank tracker for 5,000 keywords.
- Review 6 month of historical product tracking data
- Review 2 month of historical keyword tracking data.
You can try Jungle Scout for 7 days, with a 14-day money-back guarantee. Also, note that all plans grant access to the Chrome Extension.
Product research software can enhance your profitability. However, some tools work better than others.
It’s clear that Jungle Scout stays ahead of the leading data curve. Plus, it features many tools and resources to scale up an Amazon store.
AMZ Tracker is not a write-off, however. In fact, it may be the better tool for beginner merchants. Plus, its extra services, like Vipon, deliver a marketing edge for new sellers.
Jungle Scout and AMZ Tracker are great Amazon seller tools. Yes, each caters to different goals, but both will boost your success in the marketplace.
Esteban Muñoz is an SEO copywriter at AMZ Advisers, with several years’ experience in digital marketing and e-commerce. Esteban and the AMZ Advisers team have been able to achieve incredible growth on the Amazon platform for their clients by optimizing and managing their accounts and creating in-depth content marketing strategies.