When it comes down to building an Amazon business from scratch or growing your existing Amazon business., there are a few suites out there that can help you keep track of your inventory, find niche products to sell, or just manage your everyday transactions. Two of them are Helium 10 and Jungle Scout.
These two powerful suites provide a set of tools with different functions to ultimately drive more sales.
Find out which software fits your business needs in the best way.
What is Helium 10
Helium 10 is an amazing software designed to help Amazon FBA sellers. It is made up of several features that can find high ranking keywords, identify trends, spy on competitors, and even optimize product listings.
Basically, it has everything you need to kickstart an Amazon business, expand it, and make more sales.
Most Popular Helium 10 Features
Helium 10’s Chrome Extension can collect and show you data like net profit, average sales, average rating or average price. In the Chrome extension you’ll find Helium 10 XRay, which includes these functions:
- Profitability Calculator: Calculate your profit and find out if your selling a product is worth it or not.
- Inventory Levels: Analyze your competitor’s stock level to calculate your own inventory.
- Review Downloader: Analyze all negative reviews from your competitors and avoid getting bad reviews yourself.
Helium 10 Magnet
Helium Magnet is the largest Amazon keywords database out there and the most reliable one.
Sellers can easily find high volume keywords that are relevant to their listing. Its broad recommendations will throw keywords you wouldn’t even consider otherwise.
Helium 10 Cerebro
Helium Cerebro works as a reverse ASIN keyword research tool. It gives you access to relevant information, like search volume and the quantity of contending items.
You can find the best keywords to target if you use Helium 10 Magnet and Helium 10 Cerebro combined. That is one of the best ways to drive traffic and sales by putting specific keywords in the product title or targeting keyword search terms for your PPC Ads.
What is Jungle Scout?
Jungle Scout is a set of tools that was created to help you easily find profitable products on Amazon. Jungle Scout is beneficial for sellers who are looking to import products, add private labels, and resell.
The takes important information like the number of reviews or best seller rank, to calculate the right number of estimated sales.
Most popular Jungle Scout Features
The Jungle Scout Opportunity Finder tool can help you discover emerging trends and profitable product niches.
Either if you’re a seller looking for their first product to sell on Amazon or if you’re a seller building a business around unique products, you can use the Opportunity Finder to find the most accurate keywords. You can set search parameters like product category, competition, LQS and opportunity score.
Jungle Scout Chrome Extension
Jungle Find and validate Amazon FBA product opportunities directly from Amazon. The Chrome extension works as a bridge between Amazon and Jungle Scout that is built directly into your browser.
You’ll be able to see opportunity scores, price, reviews, daily sales, sales history, and more, that will help make better decisions for your product ideas.
Jungle Scout Sales Estimator
Jungle Scout’s Amazon Sales Estimator is a free tool that allows you to check average monthly sales of specific Amazon categories. You can also have better product launches and it is a simple way to keep a close look on your competitors.
Jungle Scout Product Tracker
Jungle Scout Product Tracker allows you to analyze and track a product to get accurate sales data.
You can see how certain products perform over a specific time frame so you can detect the most profitable ones. You can also access information such as average price, daily units sold, average daily revenue, etc.
Advantages of Helium 10 over Jungle Scout
- Sales Dashboard – Keep track of your product performance. Jungle Scout still doesn’t have a similar feature.
- Competitor Keyword Spy – Find out your competitors’ ranking both via PPC campaigns and organically.
- Refund Genie –Identify Amazon’s mistakes when a refund takes place. As a seller, the refund genie can assist you in requesting your money back.
- Alerts – Immediately find out when someone hijacks your item, your product title changes, or images get altered.
Advantages of Jungle Scout over Helium 10
- Supplier Database – Sellers can find and verify suppliers. Discover who is supplying what, how frequently, and the volumes supplied. The feature allows you to search by product, company, or supplier. You can even see how much your competitors are paying for their items.
- Giveaway Platform – This feature helps you facilitate giveaways or other launch strategies to guarantee the success of your product.
Jungle Scout Pros and Cons
|Easy to use |
Acces to supplier’s database
|The tool set is not as complete |
as Helium 10
No mobile app
Helium 10 Pros and Cons
|All-in-one of every tool you need to grow or kickstart a business. |
|It can be expensive |
You need a learning curve to use it to its full potential.
Helium 10 does provide the option of a free plan with the Helium 10 Chrome Extension. You can perform 1000 search queries without paying anything.
If you already have an idea of the exact tools for your business, you can choose to pay only for the tools you really need with Helium 10’s “A La Carte Plan.” This plan can range from $17 to $97, depending on the features.
Otherwise, here are other options:
- Platinum Plan: $97 per month
- Diamond Plan: $197 per month
- Elite Plan: $397 per month
If you decide to pay annualy, you sabe some money:
- PLATINUM PLAN: $970 per year
- Diamond Plan: $1970 per year
- Elite Plan: $4764 per year
Jungle Scout has two versions, the Web App or the Chrome Extension, which have different prices.
Here’s Jungle Scout pricing:
- Jungle Scout (WebApp only): $49 per month
- Jungle Scout & Extension: $69 per month
- Extension: $39 per month
Or, you can get a discount when paying annually:
- Jungle Scout (WebApp only): $39 per month
- Jungle Scout & Extension: $49 per month
- Extension: $19 per month
Helium 10 and Jungle Scout: Which one is better?
Both are amazing software suites with their own pros and cons. Jungle Scout is a great tool with on itself, although Helium 10 is much more comprehensive. Jungle Scout is intuitive and simple, while Helium 10 requires some training.
So it all comes down to your business strategy and how much insights you need to start or grow your business. Helium 10 can help sellers who want to build an Amazon business from scratch and grow it in the long run. The main advantage of Jungle Scout is that it’s much cheaper and might be exactly what you have been looking for.