Market analysis is an essential step to build a successful eCommerce store. It’s crucial to keep an eye on competitors to devise successful selling strategies. Two of the best suites that help you with this type of analysis are Jungle Scout and ASINspector.
In the old days, product and competition research was a daunting task for Amazon sellers.
Data collection, for example, was a manual process that could take a lot of time and effort.
Luckily, the time of speculation is long gone. Today, sellers have access to cutting-edge market analysis software.
In this product review, we’ll review the features and pricings of both platforms to help you choose the suite that best fits your business.
Let’s dive right in!
About Product Research Tools
Most product research tools can mine the following intel:
- Competition and best seller rank data
- Monthly unit volume sales and revenue
- Item profit margins
- Customer ratings and reviews
- Relevant keywords
- Item variations and sourcing
- Pricing history and sales rank
Jungle Scout and ASINspector can help Amazon merchants perform product research in minutes. Therefore, sellers can find profitable products or niches to get ahead in the marketplace.
Let’s see what each one of them has to offer:
This is the first Amazon-focused product research tool that helps sellers find the most profitable items to sell in the marketplace.
The all-in-one suite takes data like unit volume sales, product ratings and reviews, and best seller rank data, which allows sellers to find the best opportunities to drive sales on Amazon.
Jungle Scout Features
Let’s take a look at some of Jungle Scout’s best tools for sellers:
- Product Database – Filters items by price, rating, market demand and sales estimates.
- Product Tracker – Tracks and compares different product metrics. For example, you can keep an eye on best-selling offers, pricing changes, and customer demand.
- Niche Hunter – Identifies product and customer niches. You can analyze demand and listings to detect the best opportunities in the marketplace. It’s great to engage with a new customer base.
- Keyword Scout – Provides the most used keyword terms on Amazon. If you know what users are looking for, you can cater your strategy to bring the most traffic into your listings.
- Launch – Use it to set up automated follow-ups email campaigns. This feature is ideal to increase awareness on product promotion or launches for loyal customers
- Sales Analytics – Tracks costs and profits to improve Amazon performance. The insights from these analytics can help sellers cut down costs and boost revenue.
Jungle Scout Pros & Cons
|Easy to use|
Fast and easy product research
Simple user interface
Tutorials and academics available
Differentiates between sponsored and organic items
|Missing some product categories, such as book sales metrics.|
Web app and chrome extension data may differ slightly
No mobile application
PPC performance not included
Jungle Scout Pricing
You can try our Jungle Scout for 7 days, with a money-back guarantee. I
f you think this might be the right tool for you, these are the 3 pricing plans that Jungle Scout offers:
- Basic – Single user license with access to the web extension. Cost is$29 per month.
- Suite – Enjoy all Basic perks, plus detailed historical product and keyword data for $49 per month. You can also add more users, use Review Automation, and Advanced Seller Features.
- Pro – Licenses for 6 users, and you can use all Jungle Scout features. At $85 per month, sellers can track up to 1000 ASINs. This plan grants 6 months of historical product tracking data, and 2 years of historical keyword data.
Make sure you review all Jungle Scout pricing plans here to make the best choice for you.
ASINspector is better suited for first-time Amazon sellers. It does not offer a web app, like Jungle Scout.
However, ASINspector ismobile-oriented, and it features a Chrome extension and a mobile app. This means you can use ASINspector in any place with an internet connection.
Here’s a rundown of ASINspector main features for sellers:
- Keywords – Use relevant terms to find specific product data. The more keywords you use, the more precise your search is. It’s great to research niche market opportunities.
- Delete Choice – A simple X button. You can click on this feature to eliminate all unwanted product results. Thus, you can focus specifically on the most relevant data for your store.
- Random Keyword – Use brand-new keywords to find new product niches and market opportunities.
- Favorite – Save the most searched products into the database. This eliminates the need to review the same products during new market analyses.
ASINspector Pros & Cons
|Browser extension and mobile app version|
Simple and easy to use
Search stores beyond Amazon, like Walmart or Alibaba
Customizable result columns
Save product data for future reference
Sales profit calculator included
|No web app version |
No child ASINs variations available in the standard version
Each search is made in a new browser tab
Limited performance, compared to Jungle Scout
ASINspector is one of the most economical tools for sellers.
It features 2 pricing plans:
- Standard – Designed for new Amazon Sellers, this pack costs $97 per month
- Pro Plus – This is the choice for experienced merchants. It’s a one-time $127 fee, plus $10 monthly for unlimited access.
Product research suites can unearth high-demand products and low-competition niches to exploit. This translates into new customer bases, improved ratings, and better sales.
But how to pick the right tool for you? Jungle Scout and ASINspector are both great product research suits. Yet, each caters to different types of sellers.
Jungle Scout and ASINspector have built solid reputations among sellers since both tools focus on boosting success using reliable product data.
ASINspector is mobile-based. Therefore, it’s easier to use anywhere with an internet connection. Plus, it’s a better fit to increase sales on specific products.
Jungle Scout is an all-round tool for professional Amazon sellers. It’s a great software to set up and scale start up an Amazon store.
In the end, choosing one or the other comes down to your brand’s market strategy.
But whatever your choice is, you will reap great benefits for your Amazon business.
Esteban Muñoz is an SEO copywriter at AMZ Advisers, with several years’ experience in digital marketing and e-commerce. Esteban and the AMZ Advisers team have been able to achieve incredible growth on the Amazon platform for their clients by optimizing and managing their accounts and creating in-depth content marketing strategies.