Internattional sellers should be aware of the best tips to sell globally on Amazon, especially during Christmas season.
The holiday season is upon us, and shoppers around the world are on the hunt for the best deals. As a seller, you should be able to provide your customers with the best shopping experience possible, and this time of the year is the perfect opportunity to put your customer service skills into practice.
Efficient order-fulfillment is paramount to ensuring customer satisfaction. Therefore, having FBA as a fulfillment option is one of the best decisions a seller, shipping orders globally, can make. Especially during this busy season.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a pay-as-you-go program that aims to make Amazon Sellers’ storage-and-shipping experience trouble-free.
It is important to point out that each marketplace has different selling requirements, and when you select an Amazon marketplace in which to sell, you’ll need to understand whether your product is appropriate for your target country.
We prepared a list with the best reindeer-inspired tips to sell globally on Amazon that will help you engage your customers this holiday season and deliver each one of their wishes.
Make Your Inventory List and Check it Twice
So many sales, so little time.
The last thing you want to do is to stress on storage. Keep in mind that your inventory is the backbone of your business; and here are some things you can do to get your storage game on track:
Determine your storage limits. Check your inventory levels to make room for new products and to plan your inventory proactively. You can review your inventory dashboard on Seller Central.
Account for seasonal sales spikes and product popularity. Keep tabs on trending events by staying active on social media. Study past sales and seasonal spikes so you can check for deal recommendations to plan inventory ahead.
For one-day events, make sure you send all stock by the due date, and run a pre-event campaign for best results.
Note: Make sure your inventory arrives at the fulfillment center by December 3rd, 2019 for peak gift-giving time. Christmas shopping peak spans Dec. 16th – 23rd.
Spoil Your Customers with Premium Shipping
Premium Shipping is available to those Amazon sellers and vendors that boast outstanding performance metrics to ensure fast and reliable shipping for shoppers who have an Amazon Prime account.
In the US, Premium Shipping includes the following programs:
- Same-Day Delivery
- One-Day Delivery
- Two-Day Shipping
To participate in these programs, you must have sold on Amazon for more than 90 days, have a Valid Tracking Rate of 99%, and On-Time Delivery Score of 97% – or more – and a Cancellation rate of less than 0.5%.
For this holiday season, make sure you Create a Shipping Plan by making a list of what you what to send and how many of each product. Remember that proper labeling ensures that your shipment is tracked throughout the fulfillment process.
This is how you can create your Shipping Plan:
- On the Manage Inventory page (sign-in required), choose each product that you want to ship. Then choose Send/replenish inventory from the Action on selected menu.
- On the Send/replenish inventory page, choose one of the following:
- Create a new shipping plan
- Add to an existing shipping plan
- Confirm the ship-from address where your shipment will be picked up.
- Confirm the packing type of the products that you’re shipping to Amazon.
- Click Continue to shipping plan.
FBA Export is a program available through FBA. Most sellers are enrolled in FBA Export by default at no extra cost; however, you can enable or disable this program at any time. With this program, you’ll be able to expand your business to more than 100 countries and regions if you are based in the US, and if you are a seller in Europe, FBA Export has a presence in 26 European countries.
Additional read on How to Be Eligible for Amazon Premium Shipping Options
Engage Customers with Deals That Even Santa Can’t Pass Up
Deals can help you increase Amazon conversion rates by encouraging customers to make a purchase decision sooner, especially because there’s a deadline, or even to purchase something they might not have really been interested in at first.
These are some deals you can use to engage your customers:
- Amazon Lightning Deals – which are limited-time offers that will increase the traffic to your page by raising awareness around your product.
- Amazon Warehouse Deals – buyers shop for deals on returns and refurbished items,
- Amazon Outlet – this program is designed to offer newly discounted products that have been stored in the FBA warehouse shelves for too long to help you avoid Long-term storage fees, and get some value for your slow-moving products.
Note: To be eligible for Outlet, you must be a Professional seller with an overall rating of at least 3.5 stars.
Deck Your Detail Page with These Amazon Advertising Features
Holidays lead to higher-than-normal traffic which can deplete campaign budgets faster than normal. Therefore, you should consider increasing your budget and bids if you want to sell globally on Amazon.
Attract your customers with these amazing advertising tools and leave a trail of crumbs so they always find their way back to your product detail page:
- Sponsored Products – Improve visibility of individual products with ads that appear in search results and on product pages.
- Sponsored Brands – Boost brand awareness with your logo and a customized headline in ads that appear in search results.
- Sponsored Display (beta) – Grow your business by reaching relevant audiences on and off Amazon using this new self-service advertising solution.
- Stores – Inspire customer loyalty with your own free multi-page Store on Amazon.
- Posts (beta) – Publish brand-curated content that can be linked directly to your product detail pages where customers can buy your products. This tool focuses on brand-shopping and replicates the look and feel of a social media feed.
Additional read on What Is Amazon Posts (Beta) and How Will It Work?
Amazon Holiday Calendars
Take a look at these holiday calendars – by region – so you can plan ahead for peak shopping periods:
Final Thoughts (from Three Wise Men)
Take advantage of the vast range of tools, programs, and promotions that the marketplace has to offer, and choose the strategies that make sense for you to sell globally on Amazon. Also, let your customers know from which country you are shipping your product to avoid not-so-pleasant reviews on your product detail page.
But most importantly, make checking your performance ratings an everyday practice.
May this holiday season bring global exposure and tons of sales to your business.