There are many tools out there to help you boost your Amazon business, and Helium 10 and Viral Launch have proven to be two of the most popular software applications among sellers.
Each one offers several tools, which aim to provide brands with the best data to drive sales.
Amazon is a booming marketplace for third-party sellers. And although the platform itself offers a comprehensive package of tools to help sellers build a successful online store, it is also a fact that using additional resources can help you achieve your goals faster and more effectively.
Today we are taking an in-depth look at Helium 10 vs Viral Launch. We’ll compare the features of each suite to find out which is the best fit for your Amazon store.
This software helps brands to set up their store and drive sales on Amazon. Helium features many tools to identify product trends, high-ranking keywords, and optimize listings.
Helium 10 can also help you spy on competitors and keep track of your revenue. It can also find new suppliers and offers protection against scammers.
Helium 10 Features
Magnet. The largest keyword database for Amazon. Magnet can find the best-suited keywords for each product you sell. It also suggests the best place to use each keyword.
Scribbles. This was the very first Helium 10 tool. It allows you to optimize titles, lists and descriptions, using high-ranking keywords.
Frankenstein. It organizes keywords to drop duplicates. Then, it categorizes terms by niche to use them on different listings.
Cerebro. This is a reverse ASIN search engine. Cerebro allows you to review spy on the competition’s sales metrics. You can review search volume, item quantities and high-ranking keywords.
Black Box. This product finder will help you find the most profitable products to sell. You can filter out items with the following metrics:
- Number of sellers
- Type and variations
- Estimate monthly sales revenue
- Customer ratings
XRay. It’s a Chrome Extension for Amazon products. XRay can find the average sales, rating or price of an item to evaluate its profitability. Plus, XRay features the following tools:
- Profitability Calculator. Determines an item’s estimated profit margins.
- Inventory Levels. Calculates the stock you’d need to store and sell.
- Review Downloader. Analyzes negative reviews and ratings from competitors.
Helium 10 Pricing
If you’d rather try Helium 10, there is a free 30-day plan available with the Chrome extension. This pack lets you do 1000 search queries.
The free plan includes the following tools: Scribbles, Frankenstein, Profits and Trendster. You can also access the next features:
- Black Box – 20 uses
- Magnet and Cerebro – 2 uses per day
- Index Checker – 6 uses
- XRay – 50 uses
- Tracked Keywords – 20 uses
The Paid-for features include 5 packs:
- Platinum – Cost of $97 per month. Includes unlimited access to Trendster, Black Box, Cerebro, Frankenstien, Magnet, Scribbles, Refund Genie, Xray, Profits and Inventory Protector. You can also use the Index Checker 150 times, track 5000 keywords and 600 ASINs.
- Starter – Same access as the platinum plan. The main differences are you get only 50 XRay launches, and 30 days of Profit. Cost is $37 per month
- Diamond – Includes all Platinum Plan features, plus 300 uses of the Index Checker. The cost is &197 per month.
- Elite – Enjoy the Platinum and Diamond benefits, plus 1000 tracked ASINs and 500 uses of the Index Checker. You can pay $397 per month.
Viral Launch has just as many resources as Helium 10 for Amazon Sellers. Some of its best tools work for product and keyword research, SEO, PPC analysis, and split testing.
Plus, Viral Launch also features a product launch service. Many sellers have used this tool to introduce new items to the marketplace.
Viral Launch Features
Keyword Research. Provides constantly updated keyword data, taken directly from Amazon. This means you can use the keywords that are currently driving more sales.
The tool features priority, relevancy, opportunity, and trending filters. So, you can select the best keywords used at the moment to boost your search rank.
Listing Analyzer. With this tool,you can compare your own listings with Amazon competitors. This includes titles, descriptions and images. The analyzer will deliver specific suggestions to optimize your product listings. The goal is to get the best possible ranking on Amazon.
Competitor Intelligence. This is Viral Launch’s reverse ASIN search engine. The app provides intel on keyword relevance, indexation, sponsored ads, and more.
You can also set up alerts to keep track of any rank changes. So, you can keep a close eye on the competition, and seize opportunities to beat their ranks.
Product Discovery. This app enables brands to search for new products to sell. It also features a Chrome extension to improve research.
Product Discovery rates items based on keywords, categories, reviews or historical selling data. For example, you can study sales/review ratio to find the best opportunities.
Market Intelligence. Viral Launch’s sales estimator. It analyzes sales and trends to measure a product’s success rate in the marketplace.
The data provided can help you plan a product launch, or find the best niche to boost sales on a lagging item. It’s also useful to discard items with a poor sales history.
Viral Launch Pricing
Viral Launch offers 3 pricing plans:
- Essentials – Features product filtering, keyword search volume, and Chrome extension. It costs $69 per month
- Pro – Costs $99 per month. You’ll enjoy the Essentials perks, competition tracking, plus SEO and listing health tools.
- Pro Plus Ads – Access all Viral Launch features. This plan also includes advertising apps to track sponsored campaigns, and set up PPC keyword tracking. The Cost is $199 per month.
Source: Viral Launch
Both Helium 10 and Viral Launch come with their own cons and pros. Each suit supports product and keyword research, SEO, and pricing strategies.
Helium 10 does require some training. The free and starter plans offer a great opportunity to know the suite. Plus, Helium 10 has all you need to start up an Amazon business.
Viral Launch does not have a free plan. However, it is cheaper and features similar tools to Helium 10. Plus, it may be the better ally for an established store looking to increase revenue.
So, it all comes down to your strategic needs. The final verdict is to try and work with one suite (or both, if possible).
In the end, using Viral Launch or Helium 10 will surely boost your Amazon success in the long run.
Esteban is an SEO copywriter at AMZ Advisers, with several years’ experience in digital marketing and e-commerce. Esteban and the AMZ Advisers team have been able to achieve incredible growth on the Amazon platform for their clients by optimizing and managing their accounts and creating in-depth content marketing strategies.