Driving traffic to your products without creating a sales funnel for Amazon is a mistake you want to avoid.
Yes, Amazon marketing campaigns can increase traffic into your listings. But sellers can’t be 100% reliant on Amazon to boost sales.
Such a single-minded approach can set you up for many future hardships. Using an Amazon sales funnel is a more impactful way to drive conversions.
Today, we’ll tell you how to set up a sales funnel to launch products on Amazon.
What Is an Amazon Sales Funnel?
The concept of the Amazon sales funnel is simple. It’s a channel through which brands can attract potential buyers and convert them to customers.
A sales funnel allows you to interact with new customers. It’s a road designed to appeal to and captivate new shoppers, and turn them into followers.
Picture it as an upside-down pyramid separated into four parts:
- Awareness. The bottom is the marketing strategy. It’s the actions sellers take to attract new shoppers.
- Consideration. The middle represents the sales process. Here, users learn more about a product, and decide if it’s worth their while.
- Conversion. The top is the product sale itself, where customers decide to buy an item.
- Engagement. Here’s where customer experience comes into play. It’s all the actions you take to turn customers into brand followers.
Image: AMZ Advisers
Most users go into Amazon directly, at the awareness stage. They already have a Need, and they’re looking for a product that’ll help them Meet the Need.
At this point, sellers can only rely on keywords SEO. Don’t get us wrong, Keyword Optimization is crucial to boost visibility and sales.
But SEO is not enough. Firstly, since you can’t retarget users to new offers, you can’t engage with them beyond one product.
Plus, there’s little chance to boost awareness for new buyers. So, you end up losing potential customers.
In short, direct traffic limits interaction with customers. And this is where an Amazon sales funnel can up your game.
Creating a Sales Funnel for Amazon
A sales funnel allows brands to attract and engage with shoppers off-Amazon. It also lets sellers take part in their customers’ buying journey.
This tool allows you to build email lists, unique tags or ads to filter potential buyers. Then, you can excite users and re-market to them with customized campaigns.
Here’s how a traditional sales funnel looks like:
- Social Media – A site to attract potential leads, using engaging content.
- Landing page – A dedicated site to gather contact details, in exchange for an extra benefit.
- Sales page – The product selling page, where customers buy a product.
- Thank You post – A final message to thank users for their purchase.
Let’s review the resources you need to create an effective Amazon sales funnel.
The Flywheel Effect
The Amazon Flywheel is the concept of maximizing your growth on the platform by leveraging advertising to increase organic visibility. It starts with your content – and goes on in a continuous circle that leads to more and more sales for your brand.
Related content: Inside Amazon Social Media Marketing
This should be the first gateway to your Amazon sales funnel. Social media can connect you to many potential customers who may benefit from your products.
Great social media ads inform users about the benefits they can get from specific offers. That’s what entices potential customers to click on the ad.
You can also use social media interaction to your advantage. Set up surveys that make customers reach out to you. After that, create personal chat sequences to address any concerns they may have.
This strategy will help you guide customers through your Amazon sales funnel. Plus, you’ll enhance their brand experience.
Here are a few tips to up your social media game:
- Define your voice. Make sure that your accounts reflect who you are as a brand. Then, share content with users who identify with your values. This is a reflection of integrity that will nurture trust with your customer base.
- Groom your brand. Create compelling posts to attract users, and get personal. Tell your story to your audience through quality posts. This will let users know you have something interesting to say.
- Stay in touch. Always respond to user queries. Let customers know you are listening and helping them to solve their problems. This is the key jumping point to boost brand awareness.
- Design a strategy. Schedule the timings of your posts to determine the best content and moments to share. Thus, you won’t overwhelm users with excessive content, and you’ll improve interactions.
Here begins the Consideration Phase of the Amazon sales funnel. Social Media chats are a direct link to potential customers. It’s a tool for users to reach out and learn more about the brand.
Social media chats are also a great tool to filter out the customers that are more likely to convert. That way, you can invest resources on users who are more likely to make a purchase.
Use this channel to offer more details on a specific offer, how it can help the user, and instructions on how to use the product.
Messenger Chats are also a great venue to offer promo codes and unique discounts. And once they’re fully engaged, you can redirect users into your Amazon listing.
Some platforms won’t allow direct links to Amazon. In that case, you should create a landing page.
As potential customers begin to click on your ads, redirect them to the landing page so they can receive the advertised benefit.
When they’re at the site, ask them to submit their email address. This way, you can start collecting email addresses to create a database. This can be a great tool to use to enhance customer experience.
For example, you can create target audiences on many advertising platforms. Thus, you’ll find more potential customers that will take an interest in your products.
You can also set up email marketing campaigns to inform your followers about new item launches. It’s also a great venue to advertise product discounts.
We recommend you set up a custom Amazon Store. This is a great option to lead customers into the conversion stage of the funnel.
Basically, it’s a digital showcase for your brand, dedicated to drive visibility and sales
Think of it as your very own Amazon microsite. Here, sellers can use text, videos and images to highlight why they are a unique option for customers.
When customers arrive at your Amazon Store, they’ll learn more about you. It’s an opportunity to show them how you can help them improve their lives.
Related content: Take Advantage of Amazon Stores
Amazon Sales Funnel Measurement
The Amazon Sales Funnel requires the same care as any other marketing strategy. You can’t rate its effectiveness without proper measurement.
Brands should measure the impact of their efforts at each step of the Amazon sales funnel. There are three key performance indicators to factor in:
- Top-of-the-Funnel. Here you’ll rate brand awareness based on unique reach, click-through rate, and completion rate.
- Middle-of-the-Funnel. This metric ranks a user’s likelihood to buy. It’s rated by detailed page views, branded search index, and new-to-brand percentage.
- Bottom-of-the-Funnel. The last metric rates the sales end of the journey. It considers return on ad spend, units sold, and customer acquisition cost.
Once you get the full picture, allocate resources to the stage where customers tend to drop off the sales funnel.
Ad servers can help you design custom ads for the sales funnel. That means you can engage with customers at every point of their buying journey.
Imagine a user is on the Consideration Stage. There’s no point in sharing the same ads that already made them familiar with your offer at the Awareness Stage.
Why not share with them a new call to action? You can also share educational content, like how-to videos and tutorials, that show your product in action.
Also, you can share discounts or promo codes to drive conversions. The goal is to keep a direct connection with users, no matter the funnel stage they’re in.
It’s easy to lose customers in the depth of the marketplace. Many products get lost amidst Amazon’s product categories and search results. When sellers use an Amazon sales funnel, they create a road for users to find their offers. That’s the first step to convert product views into sales.
Plus, Amazon brands can also use sales funnels to build new target audiences. But beyond that, it allows sellers to take part in the customer’s journey.
So, a successful Amazon marketing funnel can help you find new shoppers. And once they complete their journey, you’ll earn new customers to target in the future.
Get our Amazon Sales Funnel Guide sent to your email with our recommendations for advertising NOW!
Esteban Muñoz is an SEO copywriter at AMZ Advisers, with several years’ experience in digital marketing and e-commerce. Esteban and the AMZ Advisers team have been able to achieve incredible growth on the Amazon platform for their clients by optimizing and managing their accounts and creating in-depth content marketing strategies.