Here’s the truth: all sellers should learn how to increase organic sales on Amazon. In fact, it’s imperative to establish a sturdy organic foundation before diving headfirst into advertising.
56.7% of internet users make weekly online purchases. This statistic underscores the undeniable significance and influence of online platforms like Amazon or online brands.
While pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns are effective, it’s also essential to also monitor and evaluate organic sales to optimize your Amazon marketing strategy.
That’s why today, we’ll explore how to dissect both organic and ad sales individually, and provide expert insights on how to increase organic sales on Amazon.
Why Increase Your Organic Reach on Amazon?
Organic reach plays a crucial role in the success of your Amazon business. It nurtures your ability to reach customers without having to spend money on ads, making it a cost-effective and sustainable approach to drive sales.
While Amazon ads are quite effective, they provide almost immediate visibility and sales boosts. However, they are limited by budget constraints, campaign durations, and also require continuous investment.
In contrast organic reach allows you to achieve steady sales growth by capitalizing on the existing web traffic, on and off Amazon. Organic reach offers you a powerful way to boost sales without constantly relying on ad expenses.
Plus, cultivating organic reach can yield long-term outcomes. Organic strategies such as SEO and SEM optimization are well known for leading to sustainable results that can be perceived over months in a row.
By implementing careful optimization techniques, such as leveraging relevant keywords and creating engaging content, you can improve your visibility on Amazon search. This translates to:
- New leads and conversions
- Consistent sales growth
- Brand recognition
- Customer loyalty
- Word-of-mouth referrals
Organic Sales vs Ad Sales
As an Amazon seller, it’s essential to grasp the distinction between organic sales and ad sales to optimize both strategies effectively.
Organic sales are mostly driven by Amazon’s A9 algorithm. They occur when customers search for a product, and your item appears as the most relevant match. These sales stem from organic product listings, naturally displayed on the search engine results page.
To boost organic sales, you need to focus on Amazon SEO optimization techniques. This involves:
- Incorporating relevant keywords
- Fine-tuning product images and descriptions
- Building a consistent sales history
- Earning positive customer reviews
Amazon ads also aim to boost visibility and brand recognition, but they do so with a different approach.
In contrast to organic reach, Amazon Ads tend to work in the short and medium terms. They also offer different options to reach customers, such as sponsored campaigns, seller promotions and video ads, for instance.
As we said, Amazon ads are about PPC advertising. This means that sellers pay a fee for each and every click one of their ads get.
Now, don’t think that SEO is not related to advertising. Plus, Amazon ads also use keywords to drive their reach. Sellers can use ads to bid for unique keywords. This is of great help when you need to upstage competitors in Amazon search.
Products with the best listing optimization tend to attract more customers. Boost that up with a healthy PPC campaign, and you’ll be selling through your ears.
So, the best marketing strategy uses a double approach: organic sales and PPC ads. It’s just about knowing the numbers and coming up with a strategy that works.
How to Increase Organic Sales on Amazon
To achieve higher organic rankings, it’s important to use different Amazon SEO strategies. Consider the following tactics to optimize your product listings and boost your:
Product Listing Optimization
If you want to achieve maximum success on Amazon, it’s key that you learn how to write winning product listings. By strategically refining different components of your listing, you can enhance its visibility, entice potential customers, and drive higher conversion rates.
The investment of time and effort in optimizing your product listing is pivotal, as it greatly increases your ability to differentiate yourself from competitors and engage with the audience. These are some of the points you should consider when optimizing your product listing:
- Conduct thorough keyword research using tools like Amazon’s Keyword Research Tool or third-party platforms such as Helium 10 or Jungle Scout.
- Identify high-volume, relevant keywords specific to your product, and place them in your product title, bullet points, description, and backend search terms. That said, always ensure that the content remains natural and readable for customers.
- Use high-resolution product images that showcase your product from multiple angles, highlighting its key features and benefits. Optimize your images by using descriptive filenames and include alt texts to improve discoverability.
- Craft compelling and detailed product descriptions that accurately highlight the unique selling points of your product. Clearly communicate its features, specifications, and benefits. ALso, use bullet points to make the information easily scannable and readable.
If you want to really learn how to increase organic sales on Amazon, you’ll need a strong seller authority. This means that customers are getting the experience they want from you. But how to do that?
First off, the service and the products that you provide need to be not only amazing but also delivered on time, while providing an amazing customer service. Some of the main points you should consider when building seller Authority are:
- Delivering high-quality products is key to building a solid reputation on Amazon. Ensure that your products meet or exceed customer expectations by maintaining rigorous quality standards.
- Provide prompt and attentive customer service to enhance the overall shopping experience. Respond to customer inquiries and address any concerns or issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Encourage satisfied customers to leave positive reviews and feedback about their experience with your brand. Such testimonials are social proof that can influence potential customers’ purchase decisions.
Click-through rate, also known as CTR, measures how many people click on your product or in your listings after they come across it.
If you want to have a solid organic reach, your CTR should be high enough to convince the Amazon algorithm that your products and the way you present your store is catching people’s attention. But, how can you improve these click-through rates?
- Invest in professional product photography to capture high-quality images that showcase your product’s aesthetics and functionality. Use lifestyle images to demonstrate the product in use and engage potential customers.
- Create attention-grabbing titles that pique the interest of shoppers. Consider incorporating powerful adjectives, specific benefits, or unique features to entice clicks.
- Maintain a consistent visual style across your product images, titles, and other visual elements to establish a cohesive and recognizable brand presence.
- Build a strong brand identity that can grab your audience’s attention.
Let’s say that you already have tons of users getting into your store. They’re finding your products and even clicking on your listings. However, you’re not getting that many conversions. In this scenario, your organic reach will not be as good as it could be.
A poor conversion rate means that you are leaving a lot of money on the table. That’s because you are catching users’ attention, but the majority of those leads just go without buying anything from you. So if you want to increase your conversion rates you will need to:
- Determine the optimal pricing for your product. Consider factors such as production costs, competitor pricing, and perceived value by customers. Offering competitive prices can help attract more buyers and improve your conversion rates.
- Monitor your product reviews regularly and promptly address any negative feedback or customer concerns. By actively resolving issues, you demonstrate your commitment to customer satisfaction and build trust.
- Utilize Amazon’s A+ Content feature to enhance your product listing with rich multimedia elements, detailed product descriptions, and additional images. A+ Content provides an opportunity to showcase your product’s to a larger audience within your niche.
By prioritizing the development of a robust organic presence, sellers can lay the groundwork for sustained success. Plus, they’ll be able to fully leverage the multitude of benefits that Amazon can offer them.
The elements we discussed can help you understand how to increase organic sales on Amazon. Turn them into assets that can help you develop an efficient and long-term organic strategy.
In the end, the effort will translate into more customers, visibility, and conversions. Plus, you’ll build a solid foundation for any other advertising efforts you might want to try.
Antonella Fleitas is a freelance content writer from Argentina. Antonella worked with many projects to create fact-based, evergreen content about science, language learning, and culture. Her main goal is to build a strong content foundation for her clients, based on meaningful stories that people can learn from.